Leathams Ltd is currently recruiting for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor in Bermondsey, London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading successful food business that offers a wide range of innovative, quality, inspirational foods with over 30 years in trading.
The successful applicant must be an experienced Warehouse Supervisor who will support the effective running of the warehouse including stock control, dealing with customers and suppliers, goods-in and despatch.
The ideal candidate will be confident, ambitious, highly motivated, charismatic and be able to work as part of a team.
- Sunday – Thursday; 19:00 -03:30 and one Friday every three weeks.
- Holiday allowance; 28 Days
- Supervise the effective running of the factory warehouse
- Support the Warehouse Shift Manager to organize, monitor and control stores personnel to meet department targets and quality standards ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures
- Operate mechanical handling equipment in accordance with established safe operating procedures.
- Ensures that all stock procedures are followed and operational standards are met;
- Works with the Shift Manager towards minimising stock losses and variance in stock levels;
- Maintains cleanliness throughout the warehouse and factory;
- Support with stock takes and audits, providing administrative support where necessary;
- Recommends measures to improve quality of service and the effectiveness of the branch;
- Ensures that all relevant Health & Safety Policies are complied with;
- Train staff on handling of deliveries, co-ordination of area and distribution of warehouse stock;
Skills & experience required:
- Experience in working within an industrial warehouse, depot or unit is an advantage;
- Supervisor experience specifically within food industry is an advantage;
- Excellent people skills;
- Good communication skills, verbal and written;
- Able to lift reasonably heavy goods;
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Job Type: Full-time
- Stock: 2 years
- Delivery Management: 2 years
- Warehouse Management: 2 years
- PVC Window Fabrication: 1 year
In return we offer competitive rate of pay, excellent facilities with fully equipped staff canteen and rest area, changing rooms, showers, secure parking, access to staff orders and a great team atmosphere.
For more detailed information please e-mail HR@leathams.co.uk directly and we will happily e-mail you a copy of the job description. Suitable applicants can e-mail their CV’s too.
Closing Date: 21st January 2018.